- permanent access to the licensed volumes and back to 1997
- reading access for the entire e-journal portfolio of the Wiley publishing house including the previous volumes back to 1997
- eligibility for authors of participating institutions for hybrid open access publishing ("Wiley OnlineOpen")
- 20% discount on Article Processing Charges (APCs) for Gold Open Access journals
- Please use for communication with the publisher, for submitting the manuscript etc. the e-mail address of your institution (GFZ, PIK, AWI, IASS).
- Please select your institution as affiliation when submitting your manuscript through "ScholarOne" or "Editorial Manager". (Please make sure to use the dropdown menu or the suggested affiliation instead of just typing the affiliation yourself!):
- Deutsches Geoforschungszentrum Potsdam
- Potsdam-Institut für Klimafolgenforschung eV
- Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies eV
- Alfred-Wegener-Institut Helmholtz-Zentrum fur Polar- und Meeresforschung
- Within the scope of the DEAL contract you will receive a 20 % discount on the Article Processing Charges (APCs).
To receive these, please select your institution's code from the List of Wiley Open Access Accounts during the submission process and enter it in the appropriate field of the payment section.
- Assign the Creative Commons license during the confirmation process. We expressly recommend CC-BY, as it is the freest type of license and allows for the greatest possible reuse without restricting your copyright of the work.
- The article details are then sent to the library of the Albert Einstein Science Park Potsdam or the library of the Alfred Wegener Institute in Bremerhaven for review and approval.
The library receives and pays collective invoices for Wiley publication costs (both for APCs, and Publish-and-Read-Fees). There should be no individual invoices to authors by Wiley (please note the exemptions blow).
If, nevertheless, you should receive an individual invoice for Article Processing Charges, please contact your respective library to clarify the matter.
Please be aware that there might be internal regulations on cost assumption in the different institutions. These are described below.
If there are any questions concerning DEAL and publication costs, please contact the staff at the Joint Library.
In consultation with the sections, the costs for genuine Open access publications (APCs) are transferred to the respective Account Assignment Elements of the section budgets or third-party funded projects.
Depending on the cost centre and availability, funds can be provided from the GFZ publication fund (half of the article fee up to a maximum of EUR 800 per article).
More information on the publication fund and its requirements are given on the GFZ intranet: http://intranet.gfz-potsdam.de/en/topics/publishing/publication-fees/
When submitting a manuscript that is likely to incur fees (Wiley Open Access Journals, "usual" fees like page charges etc.) an order request must be prepared via the respective Research Domain (RD) secretariat. This is for the purpose of better financial management and should ensure sufficient funds are committed for any publication fees that might occur.
The cost centre of the respective Research Domain or third-party funded project must be specified.
After confirmation by the person responsible for the cost centre (RD head or project leader) the order request is to be forwarded to the PIK library where it is checked, assigned an internal transaction number and forwarded to the PIK administration.
If the Article Processing Charges for Open Access articles do not exceed the total price of EUR 2,000 (including taxes) after deduction of the 20% discount, funding can be applied for from the Leibniz Association's Open Access Fund: https://www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de/forschung/open-science-und-digitalisierung/open-access/publikationsfonds-zeitschriften.html
If your work meets all the conditions for the publication fund, please contact the PIK library (see right box).
After your article has been accepted by the journal, you will usually be asked to provide billing information. Since invoices for publication costs at PIK are settled centrally via the PIK library, you can submit the following invoice data to the publisher:
Potsdam Institut für Klimafolgenforschung
- Bibliothek / Library -
Telegrafenberg A 31
IMPORTANT: If the publisher should send an invoice to your hands, please forward this for further processing to the PIK library as soon as possible either by e-mail or internal mail.