Our Discovery System ALBERT (All Library Books, journals and Electronic Records Telegrafenberg) is the research portal for the Science Park Albert Einstein. It combines classical contents like books or journals with diverse and extensive other resources like e-books, articles, maps, research data and databases. Regardless of publication form (printed or electronically) ALBERT offers the opportunity to search in more than 11 Mio. data sets.
Our resources are:
- All books, e-books and maps available in our libraries
- All journals available electronically or printed in our libraries
- Up-to-date meta data of articles in more than 2,000 journals
- Fulltexts from relevant Open Access repositories
- Publication databases of GFZ, PIK and IASS
- Research data published with GFZ Data Services
- Personal and project-based bibliographical collections of the geo- and environmental sciences
The concept and development of ALBERT has been a cooperation of the Library Wissenschaftspark Albert Einstein and Kooperativer Bibliotheksverbund Berlin-Brandenburg (KOBV). Our library is a development and pilot user of the library search engine ALBERT. This discovery solution - in operation since 2007 - now brings together a diverse family of ALBERT instances and forms the basis of the KOBV portal that combines the stocks from more than 70 libraries from Berlin and Brandenburg.