- Electronic access to thousands of scientific journals
- About 1.500 journal and serial title in print
- In total about 120.000 printed volumes
In addition to the current literature supply the library can rely on a rich historical stock of the former institutes' libraries:
- Geodetic Institute Potsdam (founded 1870)
- Geomagnetic Institute Potsdam (founded 1890)
- Geotectonic Institute Berlin (founded 1946)
- Magnetic-Meteorological Observatory Potsdam (founded 1893)
and their institutional successors.
There is a huge stock of archive material (correspondance, records, photographs, literary remains; about 145 linear metre) from the institutes' history. It is served by the Brandenburg Main State Archive. The collection is labelled as "Rep. 645 Zentralinstitut für Physik der Erde (ZIPE)" and it contains material from 1860-1990.
Contact BLHA: 0331 / 5674 - 0