Why should I use a reference management system?
Bibliographic software is designed to:
- collect and document the origins of your thoughts, figures, facts or citations, so these can be located and cited easily.
- import references from online databases, library catalogues, journals and websites.
- organize and arrange references in your personal and searchable collection of literature, e. g. by projects or topics.
- automatically export references in certain citation styles (Chicago, Harvard etc.) and export formats (BibTex, RIS etc.).
- directly insert citations in documents through an interface to word processing software, e. g. MS Word or Open Office.
We offer (for groups or individually):
- Introductions to reference management: Which one is the right tool for me?
- Software trainings for EndNote, Mendeley or Zotero
- Collaborative reference management
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding reference management.
- Especially useful as single-user application for individual reference management
- Handles huge reference collections
- Properly working integration with MS Word and OpenOffice
- Installation on workplace computer, use on the web or on an iPad
- diverse display formats / citation styles
- Import filter
- Individual libraries can be exchanged and shared with up to 100 EndNote users (after registration in the online version)
- Free basic version available online
A reduced version of Endnote can be used via Telegrafenberg network area without the need to install a local account - instead it is neccessary to register a single web account (add-on of the Web of Science).
- Automatic import of references (books, papers, ...) via manual entry of any identifier (ISBN, DOI ...) or via "Picking" from databases
- Import of search results or watch lists from different web-databases and other reference management systems
- Enrichment of references with abstracts, keywords, comments or PDF full texts
- Automatically and flexible creating bibliographies with the help of more than 9000 citation styles
- Module "Knowledge Organization" provides space for arranging and compiling ideas to structure your scientific work ...
- Planning tool: Manage tasks and milestones with indication of deadlines, importance and progress of work
- Faciliates collaborative working in teams
- Free basic version available (max. 100 titles)
- Hybrid of reference management software, web-based platform and scientific social network
- Especially suitable for collaborative and Besonders geeignet für die kollaborative und platform-independent reference management
- Web, desktop and mobile application
- Open source plugin for Firefox which closely integrates literature management into the browser
- Available also as Standalone for Win, Mac and Linux
- Save reference search -> Zotero will automatically collect material to saved search
- Direct integration with Word, LibreOffice and Google Docs
- > 9000 citation styles
- Group functionalities
- Troubleshooting tips for problems with Zotero data:
- General informationen: https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data
- If Zotero users notice that bookmarks and / or history have changed or disappeared, measures to verify data stored in the profile are available in the following section: "Where did my items go?"
- A first aid measure after an accidental "shooting" of the Zotero library (e. g. unintentional deletion of a large number of entries) can also be carried out: vgl. Abschnitt: "Restoring Your Zotero Library from a Backup"
- We recommend to regularly back up your data - especially prior to a reinstallation of your operating system (PC / Notebook)
- Open source application for managing BibTeX files
- Load and save files directly in the BibTeX format (file extension .bib)
- Import of bibliographic data of other formats in JabRef possible
- Integrated sorting and search functionalities
- Automatic download and embedding of fulltexts
- Adaptation of the JabRef interface and the BibTex fields to own requirements
- Menu and dialogue boxes available in different languages (e. g. Chinese, Danish, French, German, English ...)
- Social bookmarking / joint use of publications
- Import of publications via browser add-ons (for Firefox, Chrome, Safari) or via ISBN, ISSN, DOI, Barcodes
- PDF upload possible
- Saving datasets as BibTex files
- Export available in several formats, e. g. EndNote, CSL, MSOffice XML, HTML
- Plugin for JabRef
- With this additional function, articles from Google Scholar can be added to a personal literature list. A Google account is required.
- Reference management software for web, desktop (Mac / Windows) and mobile devices (iOS / Android / Kindle)
- Subject to charge
- Supports collaborative working with "Shared Collections"
- Fulltexts can be uploaded
- Personalized recommendation service for scientific articles
- RSS feeds for "Related Articles"
- SmartCite-plugin for Word
- > 8000 citation styles, new styles can be added
- Zotero, Citavi, Mendeley, RefWorks, EndNote, JabRef (German only. Last updated: 2018)
- Citavi, EndNote, EndNote Web, Zotero, Mendeley, JabRef, Colwiz, Zoterobib (Last updated: 2020)